Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This is it!

Sally Lunn Bread

2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1c. milk

My mother-in-law introduced me to this special bread when I was a newly married. She fixed it as a special bread to go with celebrations. On birthdays and Easter dinners we would usually find it on her table. The rich, sweet taste of this simple bread has made it a request from my family often and I never have a problem with leftovers. Aunt Julia calls it sweet bread. I call it comfort. Perfect with beef, I am making it tonight with a pot of vegetable beef stew. That recipe later.
It is another family treasure.

Directions:
Cream butter and sugar together. Meanwhile combine dry ingredients and add in parts to sugar mixture alternating with milk. Bake in 9x9 pan at 375* for 35 min

No comments:

Post a Comment